We have decided on Joseph Gordon Moore.
Actually, we decided on this before we were even married so when they asked us after the ultrasound if we had a name I was pretty sure we did.
First off, Jacob's initials are JG after his maternal grandfather. We'd like to keep that going. His grandfather's middle name was also Gordon.
Secondly, Joseph is a family name in the Moore family and was the name of Jacob's childhood friend Joseph (Dan) Domas who died in a car accident in college. That friend holds a special place in Jacob's heart and Jacob has since then wanted to name his firstborn Joseph.
I love meanginful names and was kind of intrigued by the meaning of Joseph: "God will add." I thought that it was kind of funny because we didn't have any idea that we were about to start a family so soon. Hence, GOD will add. Not we will add, or I will add, but GOD will add. This is HIS miracle and how awesome that we have that reminder! We thought it was funny his last name is Moore and so it is...God will add Moore! And I guess God saw fit that he should add another grandson to the Moore side of the family...this will be the sixth grandson for GB and Pops!
I have always wanted a boy first so that my little girl (if God shall choose to add one) has a big brother. My big brother was my best friend all through childhood and I can't imagine life without Bubba! Although it was a little shocking to change from a girl to a boy in that ultrasound room I am thrilled to get to meet this little boy! I guess all the cute clothes and "pink" theme will have to wait :)
I guess I need to change the pink background...but I don't remember how?!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guys. Joseph is such a sweet name and I can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteLove the meaning of his name. That is so cool!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this! I really like your little guy's name and think it's just right! Now if only we could decide on a name for ours =)
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize all of that meaning either very cool :)
ReplyDelete