Friday, June 3, 2011

SUMMER!!!

I am slowly getting used to the idea that summer might not have the same meaning since I'm not longer teaching but nonetheless I feel excited that today was the last day of school!! I got to go to school to see each class today and show them pictures of Joey and congratulate them on their TAKS scores. They were so excited to see me and gave me sooo many hugs! I do miss them but I have to admit I was heartbroken to leave Joey for just a few hours! It was a half day at school so the classes are only 25 minutes so it worked perfectly with my baby's 2 hour eating schedule. The students had so many questions about Joseph and wanted to see him so bad! Of all the places to take a baby a school would probably be one of the worst with all the germs...as soon as I got home I changed clothes and washed my hands. and arms.

Joseph slept in his crib all night last night!...waking up every 2-2.5 hours to eat, of course! He only screamed during one diaper change in the middle of the night and I think we all got quite a bit more sleep!

His umbilical chord fell off today (I unsnapped his clothes to change his diaper and it was gone!...I had to search through his clothes to find it almost up by his armpit...oops!) which means we can give him a real bath!!!!!! Not that there is anything wrong with the baths on the patio...but being able to get him wet all at once instead of sponge bathing each part of him separately so that he is freezing cold will be so nice! He loves when we put water on him but once we dry him to move on to a different part he gets cold and fussy.

I am so thankful for my mom's help these last 2 weeks. She basically did all the laundry, cleaning, and cooking (Jacob helped when he was home) so that I could spend time with my baby...and sleep! For the week that he wouldn't sleep in his crib she would relieve me in the morning and hold him so that I could actually go to bed. Not to meantion she slept on our couch in the same room that I come to nurse the baby throughout the night. I'm not really sure what I would have done without her here. It was nice to have her company and advice and I literally haven't done any laundry or dishes since I came home from the hospital! I probably haven't eaten this healthy in a long time either which is great for me and for baby :)

God has blessed us with a wonderful 12.5 days and I am looking forward to what each new day has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment